Monday, October 11, 2010

Newest poems

As seems to be my norm, I wrote the sunrise poem on the way to work this morning.  Was not very careful about driving a writing this time.  Need to get my new handheld recorder in line so I can talk my poems while I drive.

 

The second is in praise and enjoyment of my friends little 4 yr old whom I had the pleasure of spending the day with that last weekend.  These few words do not do justice to his sweet little spirit.  I hope you enjoy them.

 

Autumn Sunrise

October 11, 2010

By Kimberly L. McClune

 

Wind stroked clouds,

Shaped and pulled

Curved and smooth.

Contrast dark and light

Gently floating

Moving one into the other.

Stretching to hide the golden orb,

Reaching across the tender blue of morning.

 

 

4 Years Old

October 10, 2010

By Kimberly L. McClune

 

Impetuous blue eyes

Infectious boyish giggle

Frenetic motion.

Constant, new curiosity

Circling, smiling, giggling.

Playful mischief.

Blonde Joy.

 

No comments: