Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Fall Poems

To my few followers, I apologize for the length of time since my last post.  Have been very busy.
 
This is 'my season' out of them all.  I call it mine for several reasons.  First of all, I was born on the first day of Fall.  Also, I seem to come alive during this transition from the blooming, growing months to the dormant, sleeping months.  I also love the apples and pumpkins, baking and planning for the holidays.  Simply put, I am in love with this season of changing colors, crisp air, and falling leaves.  It is the gateway to winter. 
 
I am finding so much inspiration around me right now that my poetry is quite prolific, at least in my opinion.  I finished several poems just this evening. 
 
The following poems are all visions of a season and I hope you enjoy them. 
 

Polished Street

October 12, 2010

Kimberly L. McClune

 

 

The rain soaked street

With polished shine,

Streaked with green and red and white lights

Contrasts the soft, somber, gray sky.

 

*****

Leaf Dance

By Kimberly L. McClune

October 25, 2010

 

Drying yellow leaves

Sparkle like light pink jewels

On the branches before 

They sway and dance

In the crisp Autumn wind.

 

*****

Depth of Beauty

By Kimberly L. McClune

October 27, 2010

 

 

Inner golden glow

Layered with orange hues,

Wrapped in deep red and russet tones,

Tipped with ancient browns.

Colors move, blending one to another.

 

*****

As always, it is my sincere hope that you enjoy these offerings.  Comments are welcome and appreciated.  Enjoy this lucious season to it's fullest.

 

No comments: